By Ros Satar, at Wimbledon
- The prize purse for this year’s Wimbledon gets an uplift ahead of The Championships
- What will our Brits stand to earn over the next two weeks?
WIMBLEDON, UK – The culmination of the grass court season is here, as we look ahead to the start of Wimbledon, what will the Brits stand to earn?
|CLICK TO BUY FROM THE WIMBLEDON SHOP|
How much prize money will the Brits earn at Wimbledon 2018
In total this year’s prize pot in the singles has risen by 7.1% on the figures from 2017, as each year the pattern is that each Slam ups the pot ahead of the tournament.
Total Grand Slam Prize Purses for 2018 (Current Currency Conversion)
|Australian Open (2018)||Roland Garros (2018)||Wimbledon (2018)||US Open (2017)|
What does this mean for the Brits?
With a bumper crop of British women as wildcards in the main draw, and a couple of strong up and coming names in the men’s draw, the draws have been perhaps kinder to the more established names who certainly have the experience to go far.
Opponents are assumed on via their ranking/seeding for those Brits who are in the main draw as of their ranking.
READ MORE | Wimbledon 2018 | Latest Tennis Schedules & Draws
Kyle Edmund  Path to the Final
- R1: Alex Bolt [Q] | First meeting
- R2: Yuichi Sugita | First meeting
- R3: Novak Djokovic  | Djokovic leads H2H 3-1
- R4: Dominic Thiem  | Thiem leads H2H 1-0
- QF: Alexander Zverev  | Zverev leads H2H 3-0
- SF: Rafael Nadal  | Nadal leads H2H 1-0
- F: Roger Federer  | First meeting
Johanna Konta  Path to the Final
- R1: Natalia Vikhlyantseva | First meeting
- R2: Dominika Cibulkova | Konta leads H2H: 2-1
- R3: Elise Mertens  | Konta leads H2H 1-0
- R4: Simona Halep  | Tied at 3-3 (incl. Fed Cup)
- QF: Petra Kvitova  | Kvitova leads H2H 3-1
- SF: Garbiñe Muguruza  | Konta leads H2H 2-1
- F: Caroline Wozniacki  | Konta leads H2H 2-1
How well have the other Brits in the main draw done at Wimbledon?
- Cameron Norrie (R1 2017)
- Liam Broady (R2 2015)
- Jay Clarke (WC 2018)
- Heather Watson (R3 2012, 2015, 2017)
- Naomi Broady (R2 2014)
- Katie Boulter (R1 2017)
- Harriet Dart (WC 2018)
- Katy Dunne (WC 2018)
- Katie Swan (R1 2016)
- Gabriella Taylor (WC 2018)
Wimbledon starts on 2 July
|Buy the latest gear from the top players from the Pro:Direct Tennis Shop and check out their range of Players’ kits.
Click to buy via Britwatch Sports
|Follow Britwatch - Sport in General, Brits in Particular!|
|Subscribe to Britwatch Sports|
|We may receive compensation for products purchased via affiliate links on this website|