By Britwatch Team
- Top Seeds: Simona Halep, Caroline Wozniacki, Garbiñe Muguruza, Elina Svitolina
- Defending Champion: Elina Svitolina
- British interest: Johanna Konta
- CLICK our featured players for stats from TennisAbstract
ROME, ITALY – After the same four top seeds had various levels of misfortune in Madrid, they reunite for the last push for form before Roland Garros.
|CLICK TO BUILD YOUR OWN DESTINATIONS WORLDWIDE via Britwatch Sports|
Draw & Results
|Order of Play|
 Simona Halep
Despite not being able to defend her title in Madrid and to go for the three-peat, Halep can walk away with another solid run on the clay and some good preparation for Roland Garros. She is of course still defending final points in Rome, but with the benefit of a little more time, hopefully she can have a perfect run in for the Slam that many feel is the one she should win.
Halep’s Path to the Final (Ranking/Seeding)
- R1: BYE
- R2: Naomi Osaka (Halep leads H2H 3-1)
- R3: Madison Keys  (Halep leads H2H 5-1)
- QF: Caroline Garcia  (Halep leads H2H 3-1)
- SF: Garbiñe Muguruza  (Muguruza leads H2H 3-1)
- F: Caroline Wozniacki  (Wozniacki leads H2H 5-2)
Never really one to love the clay court season, she told us that it almost affords too many options for choice of shot and is a great leveller. She is returning to Rome for the first time since 2015, and despite making the semi-finals back in 2011.
Wozniakcki’s Path to the Final (Ranking/Seeding)
- R1: BYE
- R2: Sam Stosur (Wozniacki leads H2H 7-5)
- R3: Anastasija Sevastova  (First meeting)
- QF: Venus Williams  (Williams leads H2H 7-1)
- SF: Elina Svitolina  (Svitolna leads H2H 3-1)
- F: Simona Halep  (Wozniacki leads H2H 5-2)
|CLICK TO BUY FROM PRO DIRECT TENNIS via Britwatch Sports|
 Garbiñe Muguruza
Having failed to perform in her home tournament in Madrid once more, she looks to develop her time on the dirt in Rome again. Twice into the semi-finals and that set up her run to the title in 2016, she got some good battles in Madrid, but maybe a steadier ball in Rome will help build some form.
Muguruza’s Path to the Final (Ranking/Seeding)
- R1: BYE
- R2: Daria Gavrilova (First meeting)
- R3: Ashleigh Barty  (H2H tied 1-1)
- QF: Ashleigh Barty  (H2H tied 1-1)
- SF: Simona Halep  (Muguruza leads H2H 3-1)
- F: Caroline Wozniacki  (Tied at 3-3)
 Elina Svitolina
The Rome champion had a tearful exit in Madrid, losing to Carla Suárez Navarro in front of a home crowd, but she has a title to defend here, and heavy points to defend in Roland Garros too, so there is a lot of work to b done here, but her draw does not look favourable.
Svitolina’s Path to the Final (Ranking/Seeding)
- R1: BYE
- R2: Lesia Tsurenko (Svitolina leads H2H 2-1)
- R3: Daria Kasatkina  (Svitolina leads H2H 3-0)
- QF: Karolina Pliskova  (Pliskova leads H2H 5-2)
- SF: Caroline Wozniacki  (Svitolina leads H2H 3-1)
- F: Simona Halep  (Tied at 3-3)
The Internazionali BNL d’Italia takes place between 13-20 May (BST +1 hour).
|CLICK TO BUY TENNIS TICKETS FROM VIAGOGO via Britwatch Sports|
|Follow Britwatch - Sport in General, Brits in Particular!|
|Subscribe to Britwatch Sports|