- Novak Djokovic searches for a historic calendar grand slam in New York as he takes on the next generation of players.
- Top Seeds: Novak Djokovic, Daniil Medvedev, Stefanos Tsitsipas, Alexander Zverev
- British Interest: Dan Evans , Cameron Norrie , Andy Murray
NEW YORK, USA – Novak Djokovic looks to be only the second male player in history to win a calendar grand slam as he takes on the next generation of players.
|Buy the latest gear from the top players from the Pro:Direct Tennis Shop and check out their range of Players’ kits.
Click to buy via Britwatch Sports
 Novak Djokovic
Best Result: Title (2011, 2015, 2018)
The world number one enters the last grand slam of the season having failed to win an Olympic medal but the motivation that he can become the second male player in history to win the calendar grand slam.
Djokovic’s Path to the Final (Ranking/Seeding)
- R1: Qualifier | First Meeting
- R2: Jan-Lennard Struff | H2H: Djokovic leads 6-0
- R3: David Goffin  | H2H: Djokovic leads 7-1
- R4: Alex De Minaur  | H2H: First Meeting
- QF: Matteo Berrettini  | H2H: Djokovic leads 3-0
- SF: Alexander Zverev  | H2H: Djokovic leads 6-3
- F: Daniil Medvedev  | H2H: Djokovic leads 5-3
The World No. 1 has a perfect draw in New York as he faces players that he’s either dominated the head-to-head record against or players who have just returned from injuries. A potential Olympic rematch with Alexander Zverev is the only real obstacle standing in his way of a US Open final where a showdown with the in-form Daniil Medvedev could await. There will be twists and turns on its road to history but once again Djokovic is the favourite to claim a record-breaking 21st grand slam title.
 Daniil Medvedev
Best Results: Final (2019)
The Russian enters the US Open in imperious form having won the Toronto title as well as reaching the semi-finals in Cincinnati as he looks the clear favourite to reach the final.
Medvedev’s Path to the Final (Ranking/Seeding)
- R1: Richard Gasquet | H2H: tied at 1-1
- R2: Dominik Koepfer | H2H: Medvedev leads 1-0
- R3: Marin Cilic  | H2H: Medvedev leads 2-0
- R4: Grigor Dimitrov  | H2H: Medvedev leads 3-1
- QF: Casper Ruud  | H2H: Medvedev leads 2-0
- SF: Stefanos Tsitsipas  | H2H: Medvedev leads 6-2
- F: Novak Djokovic  | H2H: Djokovic leads 5-3
A tough opening round awaits Medvedev in Richard Gasquet who is starting to find his form again. However after that is a very favourable draw with Tsitsipas being the preferred semi-final as he has dominated most of the head-to-heads on hard courts. A final against Djokovic looks likely so wasting as little energy as possible will be crucial to his chances of winning a first grand slam title.
|Shop at Connected Clubs for a vast range in tennis equipment and training aids to help improve your tennis.
Click to buy via Britwatch Sports
Best Result: Third round (2020)
Tsitsipas looks to build on two semi-finals in Toronto and Cincinnati as he looks to finally make the second week in New York.
Tsitsipas’s Path to the Final (Ranking/Seeding)
- R1: Andy Murray | H2H: First Meeting
- R2: Adrian Mannarino | H2H: Tied at 1-1
- R3: Cameron Norrie  | H2H: Tsitsipas leads 1-0
- R4: Cristian Garin  | H2H: Tsitsipas leads 2-0
- QF: Andrey Rublev  | H2H: Tsitsipas leads 4-3
- SF: Daniil Medvedev  | H2H: Medvedev leads 6-2
- F: Novak Djokovic  | H2H: Djokovic leads 6-2
Tsitsipas couldn’t have asked for a tougher draw with Andy Murray and Adrian Mannarino expected to cause him problems in the first week before he plays the in-form Cameron Norrie in the third round. Andrey Rublev will be a tough quarter-final before facing his nemesis Medvedev in the last four. The Greek will need to play his best tennis from the start if he wants to reach the last eight for the first time in New York.
 Alexander Zverev
Best Result: Runner-Up (2020)
Alexander Zverev will look to go one step further than last year as he enters this year’s tournament with an Olympic gold medal and a title in Cincinnati.
Zverev’s Path to the Final (Ranking/Seeding)
- R1: Sam Querrey | H2H: Zverev leads 2-0
- R2: Albert Ramos-Vinolas | H2H: First meeting
- R3: Alexander Bublik  | H2H: Bublik leads 1-0
- R4: Jannik Sinner  | H2H: Tied at 1-1
- QF: Denis Shapovalov  | H2H: Zverev leads 4-2
- SF: Novak Djokovic  | H2H: Djokovic leads 6-3
- F: Daniil Medvedev  | H2H: Zverev leads 5-4
After a relatively comfortable first two rounds, Zverev’s confidence and overall form will be tested in the third and fourth rounds against Alexander Bublik and Jannik Sinner, which he has unconvincing head-to-head records against. Those matches will see where Zverev is at heading into the crunch match with Djokovic in the semi-finals, a match which he recently won at the Olympics.
The US Open takes place from the 30th of August-13th September
How to Watch/Follow US Open
Amazon Prime Video <– Sign up for trial
TennisTV <- Subscription Required
|Follow Britwatch - Sport in General, Brits in Particular!|
|Subscribe to Britwatch Sports|
|We may receive compensation for products purchased via affiliate links on this website|