- Top Seeds: Novak Djokovic, Dominic Thiem, Daniil Medvedev, Stefanos Tsitsipas
- 2019 champion – Rafael Nadal
- Brits: Dan Evans, Kyle Edmund, Cameron Norrie, Andy Murray
- CLICK our featured players for stats from TennisAbstract
NEW YORK, USA – In a year like no other, the US Open Men’s Draw is out without 2019 champion Rafael Nadal to defend his crown – so who does that favour?
|Buy the latest gear from the top players from the Pro:Direct Tennis Shop and check out their range of Players’ kits.
Click to buy via Britwatch Sports
 Novak Djokovic
Despite some challenges during the midst of the pandemic, given the running and abrupt halt of the ill-fated Adria Tour, it is remarkable to know that at the time of writing Djokovic is still unbeaten on the tour in 2020!
In the hunt for fourth US Open title and his 18th Slam title overall – the draw has been pretty generous to the current World No. 1
Djokovic’s Path to the Final (Ranking/Seeding)
- R1: Damir Dzumhur | H2H: Djokovic leads 2-0
- R2: Kyle Edmund | H2H: Djokovic leads 5-1
- R3: Jan-Lennard Struff  | H2H: Djokovic leads 4-0
- R4: John Isner  | H2H: Djokovic leads 10-2
- QF: David Goffin  | H2H: Djokovic leads 7-1
- SF: Stefanos Tsitsipas  | H2H: Djokovic leads 3-2
- F: Dominic Thiem  | H2H: Djokovic leads 7-4
 Dominic Thiem
Old habits die hard and Thiem’s practice of playing every match in sight made him arguably the most return-ready tennis player ahead of the tour restarting, but the practice of coming back to the tour has been anything but successful with a disappointing first round loss in the Western & Southern Open.
He has proved he has the ability to make a run at a Slam that is not on the clay, but he has a challenging draw if he is coming in this undercooked.
Thiem’s Path to the Final (Ranking/Seeding)
- R1: Jaume Munar | H2H: Thiem leads 3-0
- R2: Sumit Nagal | First Meeting
- R3: Marin Cilic  | H2H: Thiem leads 2-0
- R4: Felix Auger-Aliassime  | First Meeting
- QF: Roberto Bautista Agut  | H2H: Bautista Agut leads 3-1
- SF: Daniil Medvedev  | H2H: Thiem leads 2-1
- F: Novak Djokovic  | H2H: Djokovic leads 7-4
 Daniil Medvedev
Returning to the courts where Medvedev managed to turn the hostility of the crowds to his side, and put up a brave fight in the final last year, he managed to get a couple of rounds under his belt since the restart.
While it looks as though his round could be tricky, his deficits came against opponents on the clay – given his performances last year, you would have to give the lanky Russian the edge on the quick hard courts in New York, especially with matches on his side.
Medvedev’s Path to the Final (Ranking/Seeding)
- R1: Federico Delbonis | First Meeting
- R2: Laslo Djere | H2H: Djere leads 1-0
- R3: Guido Pella  | Pella leads 2-0
- R4: Grigor Dimitrov  | H2H: Medvedev leads 2-1
- QF: Matteo Berrettini  | H2H: Medvedev leads 1-0
- SF: Dominic Thiem  | H2H: Thiem leads 2-1
- F: Novak Djokovic  | H2H: Djokovic leads 4-2
If we are still waiting for one of the younger pack to make their mark, this could well be the slam to do it. Tsitsipas is still in action at the time of writing for the Western & Southern Open and was in imperious form in the Ultimate Tennis Showdown, and with Thiem looking a little shaky, the time might be right for the soulful Greek.
Tsitsipas’ Path to the Final (Ranking/Seeding)
- R1: Albert Ramos Vinolas | H2H: Tsitsipas leads 2-0
- R2: Jozef Kovalik | H2H: Tied at 1-1 (Challenger Level)
- R3: Borna Coric  | H2H: Tsitsipas leads 1-0
- R4: Cristian Garin  | H2H: Garin leads 1-0 (Challenger level)
- QF: Alexander Zverev  | H2H: Tsitsipas leads 5-1
- SF: Novak Djokovic  | H2H: Djokovic leads 3-2
- F: Dominic Thiem  | H2H: Thiem leads 4-3
The US Open takes place between 31 August to 13 September.
How to Watch/Follow the US Open 2020
|Live Stream||Amazon Prime Video <– Sign up for trial|
|Live Scores||Live Scores on USOPen.org|
|Shop at Connected Clubs for a vast range in tennis equipment and training aids to help improve your tennis.
Click to buy via Britwatch Sports
|Follow Britwatch - Sport in General, Brits in Particular!|
|Subscribe to Britwatch Sports|
|We may receive compensation for products purchased via affiliate links on this website|