By Ros Satar
- The prize purse for this year’s French Open gets another hike
- What will our Brits stand to earn over the next two weeks?
PARIS, FRANCE – The second Grand Slam of the year is about to start, with another prize money lift since last year – what does that mean for the Brits in the draw?
|CLICK TO BUY FROM PRO DIRECT TENNIS via Britwatch Sports|
How much prize money could the Brits earn at the French Open 2018
|PLACE||PRIZE MONEY € (£)|
|Round 4||€222k (£194.3k)|
|Round 3||€130k (£113.8k)|
|Round 2||€79k (£69.1k)|
|Round 1||€40k (£35k)|
As we have seen throughout recent years, as the Slams roll around the different tournaments step up the bar with the others beginning to follow suit. This year Roland Garros have increased their prize purse to a little over €39m, following the Australian’s increase of 10% this year, with Wimbledon also announcing a rise again for 2018.
Total Grand Slam Prize Purses for 2017 (Current Currency Conversion)
|Australian Open (2018)||Roland Garros (2018)||Wimbledon (2018)||US Open (2017)|
What does this mean for the Brits?
This year’s draw is tough for all concerned in the main draw as we break down the most optimistic path to the final for the Brits, who all are in the main draw as a result of their rankings. No qualifiers made it through to the main draw this year.
Opponents assumed via their ranking.
Johanna Konta Path to the Final
- R1: Yulia Putintseva| Konta leads H2H 2-0
- R2: Jennifer Brady | First meeting
- R3: Venus Williams  | Williams leads H2H 4-3
- R4: Jelena Ostapenko  | Tied at 1-1
- QF: Elina Svitolina  | Svitolina leads H2H 3-0
- SF: Caroline Wozniacki  | Konta leads H2H 2-0
- F: Simona Halep  | Tied at 3-3
Kyle Edmund Path to Final
- R1: Alex de Minaur | Edmund leads H2H 1-0
- R2: Marton Fucsovics | Edmund leads H2H 1-0
- R3: Fabio Fognini  | First meeting
- R4: Marin Cilic  | Cilic leads H2H 2-0
- QF: Juan Martin Del Potro  | Del Potro leads H2H 1-0
- SF: Rafael Nadal  | Nadal leads H2H 1-0
Heather Watson Path to Final
- R1: Oceane Dodin | First meeting
- R2: Elise Mertens  | Mertens leads H2H 2-0
- R3: Daria Gavrilova  | Gavrilova leads H2H 1-0
- R4: Simona Halep  | Halep leads H2H 4-0
- QF: Caroline Garcia  | Watson leads H2H 3-0
- SF: Garbiñe Muguruza  | First meeting
- F: Caroline Wozniacki  | Wozniacki leads H2H 2-1
Cameron Norrie Path to Final
- R1: Peter Gojowczyk | First meeting
- R2: Lucas Pouille  | First meeting
- R3: Stan Wawrinka  | First meeting
- R4: Alexander Zverev  | First meeting
- QF: Dominic Thiem  | Thiem leads H2H 1-0
- SF: Grigor Dimitrov  | First meeting
- F: Rafael Nadal  | First meeting
The French Open takes place between 27 May and 10 June.
|CLICK TO BUY TENNIS EQUIPMENT FROM CONNECTED CLUBS via Britwatch Sports|
|Follow Britwatch - Sport in General, Brits in Particular!|
|Subscribe to Britwatch Sports|