By Britwatch Team
- ATP Masters 1000 Indian Wells
- WTA Premier Indian Wells
Latest Tennis Results – Full main draw singles results from ATP & WTA tournaments this week, plus our quick hits of the day’s action.
WTA Indian Wells Results & Quick Hits
- Svetlana Kuznetsova has dropped just one set on her way to the semi-finals with a solid performance over compatriot Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova. After stamping her authority over the first set, Pavlyuchenkova looked to have the upper-hand at the start of the second set with an early break before Kuznetsova reeled off six games in a row.
- It was a far more tense affair between Karolina Pliskova and Garbiñe Muguruza. Exchanging breaks throughout the first set, Muguruza was unable to hold on to an early mini-break advantage in the first set tie-break and swapping numerous breaks again in the second set, the pattern repeated itself in the second set tie-break.
- The US last American hope in the women’s side now rests with Venus Williams as she looks to level thins in a 2-3 head to head against Elena Vesnina. She returned to the tournament for the first time since 2001, and is on te verge of making her first semi-final since then.
- Vesnina is on a rapid upwards trajectory back up the rankings though, and is in line to return to the Top 10 in the WTA rankings, should she reach the final this weekend.
|WTA Indian Wells $1,175,505||QF||15 Mar|
|S Kuznetsova  (RUS)||63 62||A Pavlyuchenkova  (RUS)|
|Ka. Pliskova  (CZE)||76(2) 76(5)||G Muguruza  (ESP)|
ATP Indian Wells Results and Quick Hits
- The Quarter of Death claimed its first victim as Nick Kyrgios took out No. 2 seed Novak Djokovic in straight sets – again. Kyrgios repeated his feat from Acapulco with a perfect blend of aggression and rick-staking that made the World No. 2 look very uncomfortable indeed.
- It was a fine run for Donald Young, one of two Americans standing for the Round 4 extravaganza, but he will rue his chances. Young was 4-1 up in the second after Kei Nishikori had efficiently wrapped up the set. But the Japanese player has looked in quietly ruthless form, coming back at the American winning five games on the bounce to book his place in the quarter-finals.
- There could be only one winner, and Roger Federer made emphatically sure that it was him. He pretty much demolished Rafael Nadal in straight sets to book a match-up with Kyrgios. The Aussie beat him in their first meeting in Madrid in 2015.
- We have to give an honourable mention to Yoshihito Nishioka – coming into the tournament as a Lucky Loser, having lost in the final round of qualifying to Elias Ymer, he went on to beat Ymer in the first round, before taking out Ivo Karlovic , Tomas Berdych  and giving third seed Stan Wawrinka a scare by taking the first set and forcing a final set tie-break after serving for the match twice.
- Wawrinka will go on to face Dominic Thiem who brushed Gael Monfils aside in straight sets I the last night match of an eventful day.
|ATP Indian Wells $1,175,505||R4||14 Mar|
|K Nishikori  (JPN)||62 64||D Young (USA)|
|P Carreno Busta  (ESP)||64 76(5)||D Lajovic [Q] (SRB)|
|P Cuevas  (URU)||63 36 63||D Goffin  (BEL)|
|N Kyrgrios  (AUS)||64 76(3)||N Djokovic  (SRB)|
|J Sock  (USA)||46 76(1) 75||M Jaziri (TUN)|
|R Federer  (SUI)||62 63||R Nadal  (ESP)|
|S Wawrinka  (SUI)||36 63 76(4)||Y Nishioka [LL] (JPN)|
|D Thiem  (AUT)||63 62||G Monfils  (FRA)|
ORDER OF PLAY – THURSDAY, MARCH 16, 2017
STADIUM 1 start 11:00 am
WTA –  C. Wozniacki (DEN) vs  K. Mladenovic (FRA)
Not Before 1:00 pm
ATP –  P. Carreno Busta (ESP) vs  P. Cuevas (URU)
Not Before 5:00 pm
WTA –  V. Williams (USA) vs  E. Vesnina (RUS)
Not Before 7:00 pm
ATP –  S. Wawrinka (SUI) vs  D. Thiem (AUT)
ATP –  R. Klaasen (RSA) / R. Ram (USA) vs G. Muller (LUX) / S. Querrey (USA)
STADIUM 2 start Not Before 2:30 pm
WTA – Possible Court Change –  B. Mattek-Sands (USA) / L. Safarova (CZE) vs  Y. Chan (TPE) / M. Hingis (SUI)
Not Before 7:00 pm
WTA – After Suitable Rest – L. Hradecka (CZE) / K. Siniakova (CZE) vs  E. Makarova (RUS) / E. Vesnina (RUS)
|Follow Britwatch - Sport in General, Brits in Particular!|
|Subscribe to Britwatch Sports|
|We may receive compensation for products purchased via affiliate links on this website|