By Britwatch Team
- ATP Monte Carlo
Latest Tennis Results – Full main draw singles results from ATP Monte Carlo this week, plus our quick hits of the day’s action.
|CLICK TO BUY PLAYER GEAR FROM PRO-DIRECT TENNIS via Britwatch Sports|
Tournament Results & Quick Hits
- Is there no-one that can stop Rafael Nadal on his way to an 11th Monte Carlo title? Grigor Dimitrov was the next victim on Nadal’s quest. The Bulgarian had scrapped his way into the semi-final but he looked as though he was playing some better tennis, at least in the first set. He broke back to have things on an even keel but Nadal was always pressuring him, breaking for the first set before completely demolishing him in the second set.
- It was a far more tense affair between Kei Nishikori and Alexander Zverev, who was targeting a second Masters final this year. Nishikori, who has been troubled throughout the tournament with his wrist showed he was all but back to his best, coming from a set down to set up another Masters showdown with Nadal on clay.
- Their head to head is, as you would expect, heavily in Nadal’s favour (9-2) with Nishikori’s only two wins coming on hard courts. Tellingly, Nishikori won their last encounter, at the Olympics.
- It has been a tough road for Nishikori – he has battled through four three-setters and has looked still troubled with his wrist throughout, while Nadal has coasted through, having not completed a tournament since last year.
- It is hard not to to view Sunday’s final with a sense of inevitability that Nadal will collect an 11th Monte Carlo title.
|ATP Monte Carlo €5,238,735||SF||21-Apr|
|R Nadal  (ESP)||64 61||G Dimitrov  (BUL)|
|K Nishikori (JPN)||36 63 64||A Zverev  (GER)|
ORDER OF PLAY – Sunday, 22 April 2018
COURT RAINIER III Matches Start At: 11:30 am
Bob BRYAN (USA) Mike BRYAN (USA)  vs Oliver MARACH (AUT) Mate PAVIC (CRO) 
2:30 pm SINGLES FINAL
Rafael NADAL (ESP)  vs Kei NISHIKORI (JPN)
|CLICK TO BUY TENNIS TICKETS FROM VIAGOGO via Britwatch Sports|
|Follow Britwatch - Sport in General, Brits in Particular!|
|Subscribe to Britwatch Sports|