By Ros Satar, in Paris
- British No. 1 Kyle Edmund is the highest British seed at the French Open
- Faces wildcard Alex De Minaur in the first round
- Full draw preview (based on ranking/seeding)
- How far will Edmund go – POLL
PARIS, FRANCE – British No. 1 Kyle Edmund has been picking pace since his Slam breakthrough at the start of the year, as he arrives in Roland Garros.
|CLICK TO BUY PLAYER GEAR FROM PRO-DIRECT TENNIS via Britwatch Sports|
Kyle Edmund French Open Draw Preview
- R1: Alex de Minaur | Edmund leads H2H 1-0
- R2: Marton Fucsovics | Edmund leads H2H 1-0
- R3: Fabio Fognini  | First meeting
- R4: Marin Cilic  | Cilic leads H2H 2-0
- QF: Juan Martin Del Potro  | Del Potro leads H2H 1-0
- SF: Rafael Nadal  | Nadal leads H2H 1-0
British No. 1 Kyle Edmund faces Alex De Minaur who made waves to the delight of the home crowd first in Brisbane where he reached the semi-final, and then Sydney where he reached the final. What has impressed most about Edmund this year is how he has worn the mantle of British No. 1 very well. Clay is his favoured surface, and it has shown with reaching the Marrakech final, and looking at his draw, he ought to be keeping an eye on the second week for sure.
While he ought to have enough to take out the talented Aussie teen, things get progressively more challenging for the Yorkshireman. Marton Fucsovics will be coming into Roland Garros with a lot of confidence having made the Geneva final, but conversely will it leave him a little spent?
While Fabio Fognini as the first seed he is likely to meet is likely to be a headache, it still remains a mystery what Fognini will turn up onto court on any given day. While he would relish a chance to face Marin Cilic deep in a Slam once more, it might be a step too far for the Brit.
How much Prize Money will Edmund earn at Roland Garros 2018
|PLACE||PRIZE MONEY € (£)|
|Round 4||€222k (£194.3k)|
|Round 3||€130k (£113.8k)|
|Round 2||€79k (£69.1k)|
|Round 1||€40k (£35k)|
How far will Kyle Edmund go in Roland Garros 2018
Kyle Edmund is scheduled for his first round on Tuesday.
[table “ADExpedia” not found /]
|Follow Britwatch - Sport in General, Brits in Particular!|
|Subscribe to Britwatch Sports|