By Neil Leverett
- Manchester City cling onto one-point Premier League lead after narrow 1-0 win over Burnley at Turf Moor
- Manchester and Chelsea play out a score draw at Old Trafford, as Arsenal lose on the road again, at Leicester City
- West Ham United inflict a first defeat on Spurs at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium
PREMIER LEAGUE, UK – With just two games to play of the 2018/19 Premier League season remaining, which players stood out on the pitch in Gameweek 36?
-Premier League Kits-
|Get the latest Premier League team kits for your favourite clubs at Kitbag
Click to buy via Britwatch Sports
3. Sergio Rico, Fulham (GK) – Such has been the resurgence of Fulham since their relegation back down the Championship was confirmed a few weeks ago, it makes one wonder what the Cottagers’ fortunes might have been like, had Scott Parker been afforded longer to stave off the drop down the second tier of English football. Rico has played a big part in the west Londoners’ rising fortunes in April, that have seen the White win their last three Premier League games on the bounce and against Cardiff City, the Spaniard put in one of the performances of the season between the sticks at Craven Cottage.
The former Valencia stopper has now kept three clean sheet in succession and his eight saves against the Bluebirds – including a few world class saves in the second half – led Fulham to another three points. In total over the last 270 minutes of league time, Rico has made 14 saves without conceding a goal.
2. Callum Wilson, AFC Bournemouth (ST) – Since his return from injury, the now England international striker has again hit his straps once more. After scoring eight goals and providing as many assists in the opening 15 games of the season, Wilson hit a barren spell before his injury but is now firmly back amongst the best marksmen in the Premier League.
Hitting his second triple of goals and assist in three games during the south coast derby against Southampton on Saturday, Wilson netted a brace and fed Dan Gosling for the Cherries’ third at St.Marys’ in the weekend’s six-goal thriller. Having been on Chelsea’s radar to fill their problematic striking void, Wilson may yet return to his position of the admired this summer and could yet still be set for a big-money move in the close season.
Player of the Week
1. Mohamed Salah, Liverpool (FW) – It was a close run thing with Wilson, but Salah gets the nod for MVP of Gameweek 36. Both men grabbed a double and provided an additional assist, but as is the importance of the Egyptian for the remainder of the campaign, Salah’s all-round contribution was a nose ahead of our runner-up.
With now 21 goals across the term, the forward has consigned his six league game goal drought to the annuls of time and has four in as many games. With two games left to play, the Reds still outsiders to overhaul Manchester City to claim their first league trophy of the modern era, but if they do manage to pull it off, Jurgen Klopp will be saying a thousand thank yous to his mercurial Egyptian king.
Do you agree with our picks? Get in touch
Premier League Gameweek 37 sees Manchester City host Leicester City in Game of the Week
-Viagogo Football Tickets-
|Follow Britwatch - Sport in General, Brits in Particular!|
|Subscribe to Britwatch Sports|
|We may receive compensation for products purchased via affiliate links on this website|