By Neil Leverett
- Manchester City earn nervous 1-0 win over Leicester City, via Vincent Kompany’s long-range screamer
- The Citizens hold one-point lead over Liverpool into final game of the season, after Reds themselves endure anxious 3-2 win at Newcastle
- Arsenal and Manchester United are held to draws, as Tottenham and Chelsea all but confirm top four finishes
PREMIER LEAGUE, UK – After another rollercoaster weekend in the Premier League, which three players caught the eye and made the Britwatch team’s three for Gameweek 37?
-Premier League Kits-
3. Marko Arnautovic (ST) – West Ham United
2. Trent Alexander-Arnold (RB) – Liverpool
A trip to St. James Park for Jurgen Klopp‘s men was always set to be a test in our One to Watch, but Liverpool almost came undone against one of the toughest and resilient sides around right now, as former boss Rafa Benitez almost dealt a terminal blow to the Merseysider’s lingering hopes of a first Premier League title.
Liverpool have predictably dominated the PFL Team of the Year that was announced last week, with both their full-backs named in the XI. Throughout the season, there has been a quiet battle being waged between Alexander-Arnold and Andrew Robertson, and after the Scot notched a double of assists against Huddersfield last time out, it was the English full-back who reciprocated against the Magpies.
His contribution was nothing short of vital. Providing the cross from a corner for Virgil van Dijk‘s opener, Alexander-Arnold supplied a whipped first-time cross from Mohamed Salah to give Liverpool the advantage once again after Christian Atsu had levelled for the hosts. Whilst is was Xherdan Shaqiri who crossed for Divock Origi’s glanced winner late on, the Reds’ right-back reached a tally of 13 assists across the season this weekend. Though it could be all in relative vain, Alexander-Arnold is becoming one of the finest dead-ball – and open play – specialists around.
1. Vincent Kompany (CB) – Manchester City
Premier League Gameweek 38 sees Liverpool hosts Wolverhampton Wanderers at Anfield
-Viagogo Football Tickets-
|Follow Britwatch - Sport in General, Brits in Particular!|
|Subscribe to Britwatch Sports|