By Britwatch Team
- ATP Masters 1000 Indian Wells
- WTA Premier Indian Wells
Latest Tennis Results – Full main draw singles results from ATP & WTA tournaments this week, plus our quick hits of the day’s action.
WTA Indian Wells Results & Quick Hits
- First into the final at Indian Wells was Elena Vesnina. The same dominance and control from the baseline, coupled with variety coming forward was in full effect as in both sets she left Kristina Mladenovic The Frenchwoman did mount flurries of resistance but neither seemed to make much impact to the Russian who booked a place in her first premier mandatory final.
- Experience played its part as Svetlana Kuznetsova reached a third Indian Wells final, a decade since she first appeared in the last match of the tournament. She was very much in control in the early part of the first set, swiftly jumping to a 3-0 lead before Pliskova worked her way back onto the match. The Russian edged the first tie-break, but in a more competitive second set, frustration took over as Pliskova saw the second set tie-break, to give us an all Russian final on Sunday.
|WTA Indian Wells $1,175,505||SF||17 Mar|
|E Vesnina  (RUS)||63 64||K Mladenovic  (FRA)|
|S Kuznetsova  (RUS)||76(5) 76(2)||Ka. Pliskova  (CZE)|
ATP Indian Wells Results and Quick Hits
- It could have been the battle of the next big thing (maybe) versus the greatest (possibly)… but in truth the semi-final between Roger Federer and Nick Kyrgios just fizzled out to nothing as Kyrgios published a message in his social media informing fans and seemingly the tournament at the same time of his withdrawal due to food poisoning. Federer took to the court for an impromptu interview and we got a chance to see the ‘One-Handed Backhand Boys’ choir singing again. So there was that!
- Jack Sock is the last American man standing as he fought past Kei Nishikori in three sets, to reach his first Masters semi-final. He might be playing confident tennis, and has already had to come through some hard tests, saving four match points against Grigor Dimitrov and being two points away from an exit at the hands of Malek Jaziri.
|ATP Indian Wells $1,175,505||QF||16 Mar|
|R Federer  (SUI)||W/O||N Kyrgrios  (AUS)|
|J Sock  (USA)||63 26 62||K Nishikori  (JPN)|
ORDER OF PLAY – SATURDAY, 18 MARCH 2017
STADIUM 1 Starting At: 11:00 am
ATP Pablo CARRENO BUSTA (ESP)  vs Stan WAWRINKA (SUI) 
ATP Jack SOCK (USA)  vs Roger FEDERER (SUI) 
Not Before 4:00 pm
WTA – DOUBLES FINAL
Yung-Jan CHAN (TPE) Martina HINGIS (SUI)  vs Lucie HRADECKA (CZE) Katerina SINIAKOVA (CZE)
Not Before 5:00 pm
ATP – DOUBLES FINAL
Raven KLAASEN (RSA) Rajeev RAM (USA)  vs Lukasz KUBOT (POL) Marcelo MELO (BRA) 
Featured Image (c) AnitaCaptures.com
|Follow Britwatch - Sport in General, Brits in Particular!|
|Subscribe to Britwatch Sports|